The summer between first and second year of medical school is an ideal time to explore your interests in primary care. To start, talk with a primary care mentor about your interests and goals for the summer.
Below is a list of summer opportunities that students can explore to gain experience in primary care:
- PCLA Summer Internship
- GE-NMF Primary Care Leadership Program
- David Vanderryn Memorial Fund Summer Preceptorship Fellowship
- Chinese Hospital Summer Preceptorship Program
- California Academy of Family Physicians (CAFP) Foundation Scholars Program
- At any of the dozens of clinics in SF or beyond!
- General Medicine Clinic at SFGH
- Family Health Center at SFGH
- Clinic Ole in Napa, CA
- EdPACT at SFVA
For more information, visit the Department of Family and Community Medicine website.